Sunday, June 20, 2010

I Walked Through the Minefields and Didn't Get Blown Up!

Day 7 - June 20, 2010

This post is going up in the evening instead of the morning, because we spent the weekend at the lake with family.  There was no internet service, just a lot of fun in the sun, visiting and great food.  And you know what?  I glided through the minefields, did not trip up once and I am still sailing on the Medifast sea of weight loss!

This program is easy to incorporate into your life.  You just have to prepare and plan ahead.  We brought our own meals, then made a request to the chef for a simple, grilled chicken breast with vegetables.  Everyone ate the same thing, and loved it!

Just goes to show that you don't have to wait for that "perfect" block of time to start eating healthy.  It can be started at any time and incorporated into anyone's schedule.  For example, if you travel, the shakes and Crunch Bars are perfect traveling companions (be sure to put them inside a plastic baggy so they won't get on your clothes!  The Puddings also work great for travelers - just add water, stir and enjoy!

What about for someone who has to eat out a lot for business?  When you know you have that dinner that day, you just make sure that you eat your 5 Medifast meals at regular intervals during the rest of the day.  At the restaurant, look for to see if they offer a Weight Watchers Menu.  If not, then choose as if you were making a Lean and Green meal - grilled chicken breast with steamed vegetables, white fish with little or no sauce (especially not butter!), a lean cut of pork or turkey - again with no sauce. 

Here is another tip: ask for the sauce to be placed on the side, so your main entree is not covered with it.  Then you can dip your fork into the sauce, then take a small bit of food and you have all the flavor you need (without all the calories!). There are a lot more tips like this one that help you navigate the waters of temptation, still enjoy the social or business aspect of the meal and allow you to stay within your Medifast Universe of food choices.

As for my weekend, when I usually would be munching on chips and salsa that I really did not want, I went for another Medifast meal or fixed green tea with ice.  Since I was no longer involved in mindless eating, I discovered that I could actually look at it objectively.  My bigger goal of losing weight was much more compelling than a few seconds of salsa gratification!

And I must say, I looked great in my bathing suit!

To learn more about this life altering program, please visit Empowered Weigh

Living well, beautifully!

No comments:

Post a Comment