Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Lost Kitten and a Leap of Faith

Day 19 - July 1, 2010

What does a lost kitten have to do with a leap of faith?  More than you might think!

We came home from Colorado to a yowling kitten, stuck just over our heads in one of the pecan trees.  He looked terrified, lonely, and hungry, because his world had just changed.  His source of comfort and love was no longer there (his mama) and all he had for protection was his ability to climb a tree.  When I stood under the tree and crooned to him, he took one long look, then jumped into my arms.  Talk about a leap of faith!

When I started the Take Shape for Life program, I felt as if I had left the known and familiar world of many food choices, mindless eating and a "just enjoy the moment" type of attitude.   The problem with my eating habits before this program is that...I never knew I had a problem!  I ate healthy (sort of), I only gained 1-3 pounds a year (but they had all added up around my waist), and I was in good shape for a 51 year old woman (I turned a blind eye to the flabby arms and legs). 

So what does my lack of insight into the state of my health have to do with a lost kitten? 

For the kitten, being chased into the tree was a life changing experience.  He trusted his instincts and leap forward into a new life.  For me, having successfully been on the Take Shape for Life Program for 19 days has also been a life changing experience.  The layers of self-denial have been peeled away and I now see the exact direction I was heading before I took my leap of faith.  I was heading towards being overweight, unhealthy, tired and living a mediocre life.  Basically, the epitome of middle age.

But now that I have discovered that I can lose fat while eating healthy, that I have more energy than when I was in my 40's, and I look great in a bathing suit, I feel like I have created a whole new life!  None of this would have happened if I had not taken the leap of faith and tried the Take Shape for Life program. 

I will never forget the courage it took for that kitten to leap off that branch right into my arms.  I will never forget the moment when I decided to just "do it" and start on this program.  Both were life changing decisions with profound consequences. 

Are you ready to get started on your new life?  Go to Empowered Way to learn more about the Take Shape for Life program.  Or send me an email or message on FaceBook!

Oh, btw, does anyone want to give a beautiful, courageous kitten a loving home?

No comments:

Post a Comment