Friday, July 2, 2010

How Can I Survive?

Day 20 - July 2, 2010

It's the start of the 4th of July weekend!  Fun, fireworks...and lots of food.  How can I survive?

What I have learned over the past 3 weeks are the following:
  • I now have a different vision of myself as healthy, vibrant and alive. If a poor food choice is available to me, I don't even give it a second glance because my vision is stronger than the temporary temptation.
  • I feel so much better - like I can take on the world!  I never expected to experience such a strong sense of commitment, and it is to myself.  This way of eating feeds me, both body and soul.
  • My cravings for sugar and carbohydrates are gone, caput, dissolved.  I never realized I wanted the Cranberry Limeade from Sonic because I had to keep my blood sugar levels elevated...I did not see that my desire for cookies was the same thing.  To be free of cravings is a marvelous thing!
  • When I see other people eating lots of carbohydrates, sugar and fat, I just want to tell them that they are slowly killing their bodies.  When they stay on the merry-go-round of processed foods, sugar and carbohydrates, they continue to feed the furnace of stoking their glucose levels, and storing the excess energy as fat.  There is absolutely a better way --- 
That is all for now. We are off to the lake, for fireworks, fun, and food!  I will survive and thrive!

Happy 4th of July - be safe!

Living well, beautifully.
Go to Empowered Way to learn more about Take Shape for Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment