Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Making My Soul Sing - A Spiritual Exercise Program

Today I started an exercise program for my spirit. It is very simple and hopefully, very effective. I will listen to a 30 minute mediation and read a 5 minute Prosperity Affirmation every morning for the next 30 days. Hopefully, changes made on the inside will transform my life, on the outside.

Today is the first day. It bothered me that I hadn't thought to begin this program on August 1st; instead it began on August 4th. The lack of symmetry was appalling to a person of my highly developed anal-retentive nature, but I decided to let it go. It was my first act of freedom - to just let it go.

Maybe there is something to this...

Tonight we watched the movie, Confessions of a Shopaholic. I thought it was going to be a piece of fluff with alot of comedic gags thrown in to keep the audience happy. Instead, it was about relationships and how we allow them to define who we are. Rebecca Greenwood is a confirmed shopaholic who is swimming in credit card debt. Her view of the world is tainted by her relationships with things - expensive things that she can't afford. Through a series of mishaps and mayhem, she discovers what she should have known all along. It is the relationship with herself that defines her world, not the other way around.

And that is exactly why I am exercising my spirit - in the hopes that I will come to define myself. Without hestitation, without doubt and without judgment. Because you know what? The only person you can never divorce in the entire world is...yourself. So you had better get to know her and love her, because you are stuck with her.

Or you could fall in love. With yourself.

I have now added a new element to my exercise program. A new blog will be posted every night to chronicle my progress. It may prove boring or inspiring. There is simply no way to tell.

But we'll never know unless we begin the journey. Are you with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment